http://startuprewind.com/kevin-williams-wise-distributed-energy-may-3rd/index.php?page_id=399 No candy thermometer needed here. This almond butter toffee recipe is one of the easiest treats to make. All it takes is one bowl (okay, maybe two because of the chocolate), and a microwave and you’re on your way to way to a candy your family and friends will LOVE!
(important: do not double recipe)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup water
1/4 lb. butter
(1) 4oz. package of sliced or slivered almonds
12 oz or more of Milk chocolate coating (like Wilton’s Light Cocoa Candy Melts found at Michaels)
1. Butter a cookie sheet (with sides) and sprinkle almonds on sheet.
2. Butter a 2 to 3 qt bowl around the top (about 1 inch down from the top rim). I use the Pampered Chef Batter Bowl.
3. Place 1/4 lb butter in bowl.
4. Pour sugar directly on butter. Avoid getting sugar on sides of bowl if possible.
5. Add salt and water.
6. Place bowl in microwave. Cook on high for 7 minutes. Keep adding time in 30-second intervals until the candy turns the color of brown sugar.
8. Cool and then top with melted chocolate coating.
If you have extra chocolate coating, just pour onto a sheet of waxed paper to let it cool and then store for reuse.